Gold Bahia Kelberis - 3'ish Inches - Pick Up - Eastern CT 06332

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combatshock

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
CT
I've had these guys since they were itty bitty babies.

The plan was an eventual Cichlid/exotic Peacock tank, but these guys are just way too skiddish.

I like big ballsy Cichlids that'll beg for food excitedly, fighters, frisky guys.

I don't know if its their fairly small size or what. They're just not doing it for me and certainly aren't going to be able to deal with the activity/aggression of some of my bigger cichlids

No pics at the moment. I leave the lights off on their tank because of their nervous nature. I can get pics if anyone really wants some.

People are welcome to come check them out in person if interested/skeptical.

$175 bucks a piece

Combatshock

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
CT
Only have a pair of them by the way. They're best buds however, prefer to see them go together.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
YOu gotta give cichla time. ONce they get bigger they will be ballsy and begging at the front of the tank. CIchla are a patient mans fish. If you wait for them to bloom you will get the nicest of cichlids as far as color and personality.

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
Aside from time bahia do not do well in gwoups of 2 they need to be slol or have 3 or more two will never be happy. I had one it was very happy ate like a beast I then added two and all were flourishing. then my friend bought one and the two left in the tank were skittkish and hiding and stressed so i added another bahia and now they are back to normal. If i were you I would just sell one or add one and not sell any. just my opinion. glws if you decide to sell.

Combatshock

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
CT
Hmm... Thanks for the info guys. I didn't know they enjoyed the company of their own kind so much. Guess I've been into solitary cichlids like Butterkoferi's and other aggressive ones for too long.

I still think I'm going to sell them for now, maybe invest in a big group of them down the road.

Let me know if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store