GOLIATH TIGER ? AND SOME ODOE PIKE AND SOME NICE BICHARS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
I don't think that last pick is a tigerfish at all. Look at the caudal fin. It's not vertical like those from a tigerfish and the mouth looks like a brycon. I would say it's in the brycon family. Can you post another pic closeup pic of the fish in the water?

Darin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Taz2478 said:
what would shipping be for 4 of the pikes and maybe an endi to 70056 zip? Im addicted to those eating machines.
Hey,
Call me toll free to discuss shipping costs, should be about 50 bucks give or take, but call me.
Thanks, Joe.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Joe, don't change those pricelists yet. The polys are indeed Polypterus delhezi. Even if the pic's color is off, those are definitely upper jaw polypteridae. Endys are lower-jaw polys. The tigerfish is a hydrocynus. However, it's size and possible camera flash prevent me from IDing it as a vittatus or brevis. If there's no sign of the horizontal bands, I'd say it is a H. brevis. As it grows, it'll start to develop the horizontal bands but, they'll be much thinner than those of a vittatus. A H. vittatus should be displaying the bands even at this size.

fishnthings

" id rather be a goldfish "
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
after everyone saying they arent delhezi;s then odball saying they are im gonna put my money on oddball:D

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
Those pikes are the first fish I've heard of that are cheaper in the States than over here. I bought a 4" one yesterday for the equivalent of $30 and his 8" ones are only $25 :(

JB

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
Oddball said:
Joe, don't change those pricelists yet. The polys are indeed Polypterus delhezi. Even if the pic's color is off, those are definitely upper jaw polypteridae. Endys are lower-jaw polys. The tigerfish is a hydrocynus. However, it's size and possible camera flash prevent me from IDing it as a vittatus or brevis. If there's no sign of the horizontal bands, I'd say it is a H. brevis. As it grows, it'll start to develop the horizontal bands but, they'll be much thinner than those of a vittatus. A H. vittatus should be displaying the bands even at this size.
That isn't a tigerfish. Look at the caudal fin and the mouth.

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Would you happen to know where the 'delhezi' bichirs came from, by any chance? Chad Basin, Volta River, Guinea?

Darin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey all,
I appreciate your time and letting me know what these really are. Thanks also on the indentity of the tiger fish.
By the way, I never change prices, once the tank is tagged, that is the price.
Thanks again for the time, Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store