Gonocephalus doriae

Chris Anderson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I posted a couple photos of my Gonocephalus doriae in another thread but I thought I would make another with a couple new photos from today. I am working with two female G. doriae. One of my females was gravid when I got her and shortly there after laid a clutch of 7 eggs. Unfortunately, she laid them on the bottom of her enclosure (a 6'x3'x3' screen enclosure with live plants and an automatic misting system). I was only able to salvage one of the eggs but now, after 87 days, that egg has started to hatch. First, here are a couple photos of the adult females:

Now, here are a couple photos of the neonate hatching out of the egg tonight:

I'll be sure to post more photos as soon as he's all the way out but I thought people might like to see these pics.

Chris

ryanc2106

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
Los Angeles
Very nice, are these hard to keep? also can u post a pic of you enclosure :)

skaaa

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Atlanta
beautiful. I bet you proud. lol i hope those dragons are very paternal. you will have a happy mom on your hands.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Chris Anderson;3066004; said:
I posted a couple photos of my Gonocephalus doriae in another thread but I thought I would make another with a couple new photos from today. I am working with two female G. doriae. One of my females was gravid when I got her and shortly there after laid a clutch of 7 eggs. Unfortunately, she laid them on the bottom of her enclosure (a 6'x3'x3' screen enclosure with live plants and an automatic misting system). I was only able to salvage one of the eggs but now, after 87 days, that egg has started to hatch. First, here are a couple photos of the adult females:

Now, here are a couple photos of the neonate hatching out of the egg tonight:

I'll be sure to post more photos as soon as he's all the way out but I thought people might like to see these pics.

Chris
"Migth LIKE" are you kidding me? I love them :headbang2You just acomplished a remarcable feat, all Gonocephalus only rarely bred in captivity and you got 2 females and captive hached baby:headbang2Now get some males and lets start out a breeding program. Since you live in Florida you can exploit that, your dragons should be greedy to bred if housed outdoors;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store