Good-by Arizona; Hello Wisconsin

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
My Dear MFK Friends,

As the sands of time progress through the hour glass of our lives, so do the situations and changes which enable us to have an enjoyable and prosperous life.

I will be relocating on May 8th, 2011 from St. Johns, Arizona to Phillips Wisconsin, to rejoin my parents and brothers which Ive not seen for 37 years. This is mainly do to a 14 year military commitment in the United States Marine Corps, most of which was spent overseas in one way or another which really didn't allow at the time, much time for me to rekindle the bond between me, my parents and 3 younger brother's, other than through correspondence and phone calls home, when any opportunity presented itself.

After 3 enlistments, 2 wars and memories for a lifetime, I hung up my various weapons and back packs and began a life as a civilian. From that time up until now, the phone calls and correspondence home have continued.

But now, it time for this rolling stone to stop and grow some permanent roots. Life so far has been an average adventure and some I could share around an adult camp fire, but not here.

I am sorry I never got the chance to meet and greet with MFK members in Arizona. Maybe someday, I'll have the chance to come back for that. I want to, just don't know when.

To the MFK members in Wisconsin, in and around Milwaukie, Maddison, Green Bay, Lacross and all other points of the compass, I look forward to meeting you someday as well, taking into consideration eventful and busy schedules of our daily lives. I would have enjoyed doing a meet and greet on the way back to my roots, but 5 important people are anxious for my arrival.

I also wanted to stop by somewhere in Pennsylvania and have some "Jewish Apple Cake" but I hear it's hard to find if you don't know where to look. So, Rachel, I'll just have to make it a point to do it another day.

Now I'm sure each of us has had a Mother at one point or other in our lives. My Mother is very concerned about my safe travels home. It's okay. The only way she'll calm down and not worry, from what my father tells me, is when she sees me pulling into the drive with the UHAUL truck. That's my mother for ya!

I have an endeared and concerned MFK friend also who is the same way and just about for the same reasons as my mother. Well, I will say to them is .... Go to your swim therapy classes and enjoy your friends there .... Take good care of your farm and your 25 wonderful and beautiful fish tanks .... Continue to care for and love your Hubby .... Enjoy the things of Spring you can see from your front porch and .... No racing of riding lawn mowers until I can get one built and come down and do it too.

Sharing a memory for Mother's Day.... Some memories I like to share. One in particular is my favorite. Chritmas 1974. I was stationed aboard the Guided Missle Cruiser, U.S.S. CHICAGO, CG-11 (Albany Class for you Navy types and military historian type nerds) Mail call, Christmas Eve. A 14 pound care package from Phillips, Wisconsin. Well, a couple of weeks earlier, I wrote home asking my mother to bake and send me a home made Pumpkin Pie. Now this care package was filled with all types of homemade cookies, candy, coffee cakes, popcorn balls, and a small photo album from home. Another Marine Sergeant, asked me where the Pumpkin Pie was. Inside the photo album, was a note from my mother and I showed it to him .... The brief note read, "I'm sorry for not sending the Pumpkin Pie. You'll just have to make it home for that one. Let me know when you are coming home and I'll have it waiting for you. Love, Mom".

Well, guess what's waiting for me at home? My wonderful Mother never forgot about the Pumpkin pie I wrote to her about all of those many years ago. It's quite an unexpected surprise. But it would have been a greater surprise if my youngest brother would not have told me about it. He called me last night and told me about trying to get a slice of pie. I guess mom smacked the back of his hand with the flat side of a wooden spoon and told him, "That's for your brother, David". I let him cry on my shoulder about it, but assured him, I'd save him a slice. The things of siblinghood with younger brother's that I have to look forward to when I get back home. :D I love them all.

But getting back to the main purpose of this thread, I wanted to say farewell to the MFK members in AZ and hello to those of you in WI. I'll be back on this website again, as soon as the internet gets connected to my new home (around 10 days to 2 weeks). But until then, I'll be using the public library's internet to correspond with everyone, once I arrive back home and settled in.

Until then, it'll be "wagon's - hoa" to all. May God's blessing of safety be with you always, may your trials and tribulations be few, may your lives be filled with great amounts of prosperity, joy and happiness.

I hope all of you have a splendid and memorable Mother's Day. Just remember to wish your Mother's and/or Wives, a Happy Mother's Day. This is one Mother's Day I'll not soon forget. Another great and beautiful memory for me. Make it one for you as well.

Best Wishes,
David K. Bradley

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
As Kotsumoto once said, "I enjoy having a good conversation".

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Have a safe trip, although you're a year late for ACA.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I hear there are some great lfs in Milwaukee, good enough that some will make the trip from Chicago.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
I will miss you David until i hear you arrived safely..it is the mother in me... and it is a long trip... have a good time and take lots of pics along the way.. watch out for your three dogs...they won't understand what is going on so you will need to have eyes in back of your head.... write me when you arrive...write us all..!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store