good deal on aquarium salt

rba718

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Miami, FL
:eek: I don't think I would ever risk using regular table salt in my Aquarium. Besides, the tank's pretty much used to the regular blue carton stuff so I wouldn't want to introduce something off balance.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
rba718;1814508; said:
:eek: I don't think I would ever risk using regular table salt in my Aquarium. Besides, the tank's pretty much used to the regular blue carton stuff so I wouldn't want to introduce something off balance.
Rba, you are wasting your money for those "aquarium" salt. I've already clarified my views that table salt being dangerous is nothing but a stupid myth. No one can use table salt on fish if the table salt itself is dangerous to humans. All products intended for human consumption are by now checked to make sure none of the ingredients is dangerous to humans. What can affect the humans can also kill the fish.

Lrry93

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2007
I get around
I pay around $11 here in Hawaii for a 50lb bag of Mortons kiln dried feed salt. That what almost every person uses here. They even sell it at the LFS.

rba718

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Miami, FL
Lupin;1815459; said:
Rba, you are wasting your money for those "aquarium" salt. I've already clarified my views that table salt being dangerous is nothing but a stupid myth. No one can use table salt on fish if the table salt itself is dangerous to humans. All products intended for human consumption are by now checked to make sure none of the ingredients is dangerous to humans. What can affect the humans can also kill the fish.
Hmm, well I really don't know much about salt content and stuff like that so you might be right - again though, I wouldn't risk it mainly because I've always used the blue carton stuff and I wouldn't want to through off my tank with something alien, even if it's a small risk I wouldn't do it.

Besides, those cartons are only a few bucks each... It really isn't that big a deal.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
unless you are making brine in your fish tank
you needn't worry about iodine :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com