Good fish stores in N. Va area?

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
I’m heading into northern VA (Leesburg area) in a couple of hours to drop off my nephew. I’d like to make use of being down there - does anyone have any good recommendations for fish stores in the area? I’m looking for something that sells more than the usual fare, maybe oddball characins, toothy fish, etc.

Is there anything in the area worth going to? I only really know of Beltway Aquarium in Waldorf, so as far as I know, there isn’t a huge selection of oddball stores in driving distance. Hopefully I’m wrong and places have popped up over the years since I’ve left the area.

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
Beltway Aquarium is the only shop I go to since I live a few miles away, and I visit rarely since their stock is usually low quality inn my opinion. Quantum Reefs in Springfield and Centerville Aquarium. These are the 2 in NOVA that I'm aware of, never been to either though. Some of the better shops are in northern MD.

Reactions: RampageRR

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Centreville aquarium is a nice shop, probably closest to leesburg of any places.

Quantum reefs is a cool little shop, guy that runs it is great and pretty knowledgable though his prices are a little high imo. they are reef oriented but have recently expanded their freshwater section.

Reactions: RampageRR

Finksburg

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2019
Maryland, USA
Beltway Aquarium is the only shop I go to since I live a few miles away, and I visit rarely since their stock is usually low quality inn my opinion. Quantum Reefs in Springfield and Centerville Aquarium. These are the 2 in NOVA that I'm aware of, never been to either though. Some of the better shops are in northern MD.
I'm from MD myself. What are some of the better ones in Northern MD? I'm only really familiar with House of Tropicals in Ferndale.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Almost forgot, chicos natural pet market is in lincolnia/annandale area. Its a cool little shop that sometimes has some different stuff. I seem to remember them having some unique west african cichlids last i was there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store