Good pellet for stingray

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I feed mostly mussels, herring, pollock and shrimps to my rays. Sometimes i feed some mussel or shrimp pellets when im to lazy to defrost other foods or when im in a hurry. But i have two rays who dont care about pellets at all so mostly frozen foods to my rays.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I read that pellets will cause the spots in black diamond to be creamy ...if it has color enhancers... seriously do not know if it is true.....
I can tell you that with NLS, not true. A friend had his BD eating NLS exclusively for years, and the spots were as white as snow. Same with the rays in the first pic that I posted, no creamy colors there either. Having said that, with "some" pellets, that are loaded with synthetic astaxanthin, that could be possible. More likely with Asian brands.

Reactions: Matteus

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
So is it fine for non black type rays then?
My 2 cents is that the yellowish in black rays spots are about genetics. Ive seen high quality rays raised on cheaper pellets with pure white spots and lower quality rays raised on high quality pellets with creamish spots.

Reactions: Matteus and RD.

Loganloricaeiidae

Feeder Fish
Jun 8, 2019
Uk
Whats a good pellet for my stingray that will be as a treat and secondary food. I was thinking the sinking hikari cichlid pellets. I feed my ray tiliapia pieces 1-2 a day.
Mine won’t take the Sinking pellets but I think there abit small for them, Iam going to try some massivore Tomorrow

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store