Good tank mates for pike

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
As a wild what? :) Crenicichla?

Can you post pics? That will get an ID pretty quickly around here, then you can get your scientific name. Common names can get everyone confused really quickly.

Pike cichlids and pike characins are totally different.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego

Can you post pics? That will get an ID pretty quickly around here, then you can get your scientific name. Common names can get everyone confused really quickly.

pictures are posted in the other thread by the OP. It's a crenicichla

Reactions: magpie

John Franzwa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Minnesota

Yeah sorry, it is a Crenicichla it is a bit difficult to get photos of him as he is always hiding but when I get a big net soon I will get some!

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Bullhead catfish maybe, perhaps some kind of sunfish.
Never kept any Crencichla, but I have kept sunfish and fish for bullheads. Sunnies are vicious killers, and will rip mbuna to shreds. I wouldn't put them with anything that might be dumb enough to try to hold its ground. Bullheads will happily slurp up fish and other things quite close to their own size. I would try appropriately sized barbs or rainbows, as cichlids tend not to try to kill them, and they rarely cause problems of their own.

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hello everyone I was wondering what would be a good tankmates for a pike? He is about 5 inches and not very aggressive!

Thanks for any help,
John Franzwa
The list is endless if you wanted a SOUTH AMERICAN BIOTOPE and have a big tank you could try
Silver dollars 12-15cm
Amazon leaffish 8-13cm
Black ghost knife fish 20-40cm
Plecos 12-60cm (depending on species)
Geophagus surinamensis 18-22cm
Angelfish 12-38cm (depending on species)
Severum 20-25cm
Uaru 30cm
And any other peaceful large fish

John Franzwa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Minnesota
The list is endless if you wanted a SOUTH AMERICAN BIOTOPE and have a big tank you could try
Silver dollars 12-15cm
Amazon leaffish 8-13cm
Black ghost knife fish 20-40cm
Plecos 12-60cm (depending on species)
Geophagus surinamensis 18-22cm
Angelfish 12-38cm (depending on species)
Severum 20-25cm
Uaru 30cm
And any other peaceful large fish
Sweet thanks!! They are in a 40 curently with a breeding pair of bristlenose plecos!

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
Sweet thanks!! They are in a 40 curently with a breeding pair of bristlenose plecos!
I wouldn't add anything over 6 inches to the tank then, leaf fish, fancy plecos (flash,king tiger,queen arabesque,gold nugget plecos would work) keyhole cichlids and festivum would work

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store