Goonch Catfish (Bagarius) ID and Care Guide 1.01

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Eyes appear to be round and my opinion would be yarrelli to the old naming choices. Agree that it’s not b.b as mentioned and imo it’s not the dwarf.

Goban

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2011
jakarta
Eyes appear to be round and my opinion would be yarrelli to the old naming choices. Agree that it’s not b.b as mentioned and imo it’s not the dwarf.
I really appreciate the respond. Yeah the eye is super round . Really praying its the yarrelli / LLG

bro i really wish it is not the dwarf. coz i heard rumours that the dwarf type also come from india , but according to planetcatfish and other sources the dwarf only inhabits vietnam/indochina river. any opinion would be very much appreciated,.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Now that’s an interesting one. Shape and compression say suchus , however I would say whiskers should be thicker and patterning suggests not suchus.
imo I would still go b. Suchus but would be interested what Chicxulub Chicxulub thinks.

Reactions: dr exum

Knuzden61

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2021
This is another view of the Bagarius I picked up a few weeks ago .
I'm thinking maybe Suchus ?

20220831_103418.jpg

Hyper.aggressive

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2018
Hello,
No definitely not suchus. Suchus has a very flat body shape, almost like a stingray. Either b. bagarius or b. yarelli. maybe even rutilius but dont know much about that type.

Knuzden61

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hello,
No definitely not suchus. Suchus has a very flat body shape, almost like a stingray. Either b. bagarius or b. yarelli. maybe even rutilius but dont know much about that type.
It was Rutilus I was thinking of not Suchus my mistake.
It came in as Yarelli but doesn't look like my previous Y. Though that might have been something else And this is indeed Yarelli.
Thanks for the reply .

Reactions: Hyper.aggressive
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store