Got approval......

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I've got a 2 check valves on the return line. 1 horizontal and 1 vertical. I'm not super pleased with the return currently but wanted to get better circulation throughout the tank.
Yeah i have checks on each return line amd dont trust them as well. Tank looks great

Reactions: TexasMFK31

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I usually keep it running, it's only like 525gph if I recall. I turned it off last night so the smaller Arowana have more calm space and aren't being worn down by it.
Thx, it's something I'm often thinking about with my Aros -- am I providing them enough flow to make them strong and healthy, or likewise too much...

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Thx, it's something I'm often thinking about with my Aros -- am I providing them enough flow to make them strong and healthy, or likewise too much...
I think I may put it on a timer in the future. Or get an adjustable one and figure out a way to daytime it. Give it a ramp up then back down cycle ya know? I know they sell them like that already, just like $400

Reactions: islandguy11

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Omg! Howd I miss that! J jaws7777 . Frank! Lol
TexasMFK31 TexasMFK31 nice tank and fish!
Lmaoooo !!!!

Not arowana related, but spoke with Hao and Toyin has Congicus in stock. May be picking one up this weekend as well. Complete the tank.
Oh man i hope you go through with it. Thats one bichir you cant fully appreciate through pics alone. Id get a couple if you can. If your getting them from hao.... go for it they're nice, good patterns and creamy base colors

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Ha ha, yeah everyone knows who's boss in that tank :)

Btw, with the wavemaker on the right hand side what size is it and do you keep it running all the time or periodically in a day?
Replying here instead, I'll take some photos, maybe a video tonight. The big Arowana is the Black I 1st got. The big Silver (Albino aka Psycho) runs the tank now. He is always harassing the smaller 2, but everyone is co-habiting nicely for the most part. The big one eats last surprisingly, while Psycho hits the water HARD. The small silver got the name Cujo because he will take on any of them as well. For a while he was chasing the big guy straight up until he got set straight. The tank is fun to feed, toss in some pellets and get wet!

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store