Got my first paraya

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
albyoscar;1693122; said:
right now dudes still new nothin gonna happen tonight its tommorrow night that worries me lol what you waitin for bro go get that mutha , you aint got a tig in the tank yet:ROFL:
ps whats the best food ? guppies or minnows
alot of things are keeping me from getting the other one lol. Clown loaches are a big thing and more worried about when it gets bigger what kinda of temperment will it have. Why does tomorrow night worry you more then tonight. Friday i will probably stop by to treat that chocolate and see this fish. I bet it looks amazing in person. Try both get a mix of them. but i would treat the minnows, but that is just me.:screwy:

albyoscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2006
The home of the CHIEEEFS
Mr Pleco;1693165; said:
alot of things are keeping me from getting the other one lol. Clown loaches are a big thing and more worried about when it gets bigger what kinda of temperment will it have. Why does tomorrow night worry you more then tonight. Friday i will probably stop by to treat that chocolate and see this fish. I bet it looks amazing in person. Try both get a mix of them. but i would treat the minnows, but that is just me.:screwy:
Well mainly tonight he is just getting used to new surroundings tommorow hopefully he will eat and get things squared away in his fish mind where hes at then there may be problems but ill empty the tank for him he is so impressive . i understand about the loaches but hey you can bring them here other 180 would work out fine :D. fri cool we will be here getting ready to do a wc now on that tank

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
albyoscar;1693214; said:
Well mainly tonight he is just getting used to new surroundings tommorow hopefully he will eat and get things squared away in his fish mind where hes at then there may be problems but ill empty the tank for him he is so impressive . i understand about the loaches but hey you can bring them here other 180 would work out fine :D. fri cool we will be here getting ready to do a wc now on that tank

you two and those loaches. If i bring the loaches you bring the arowanas,ray, bichirs and payara. that seems like a fair trade.:ROFL:

albyoscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2006
The home of the CHIEEEFS
Mr Pleco;1693225; said:
you two and those loaches. If i bring the loaches you bring the arowanas,ray, bichirs and payara. that seems like a fair trade.:ROFL:
:ROFL: fair 4 who?? chris wants the loaches not me but the tig now thats another story

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
albyoscar;1693232; said:
:ROFL: fair 4 who?? chris wants the loaches not me but the tig now thats another story

for both of us. It is an equal trade of worth for the fish lol it just looks like i am getting more:nilly:

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
albyoscar;1693242; said:
true dat lol that was a pun ... get it hahaha
i dat get it. But you try not to let that tat die on you and i will my best not to kill the tig.:D

marmot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Ohio
I only had my tat for a few months or so until he died while I was moving residences.

Do the other fish in his tank eat prepared foods, or just live? Try to get him on krill or smaller market shrimp fast. make sure the size of the shrimp isn't intimidating to him. Tatuaia aren't nearly as ambitious as armatus, hence why they are sometimes more difficult to get off live.

My tat always seemed skinny, and part of it just has to do with body type. they definitely aren't as "stout" as armatus.

I loved my tat. Try to provide some decent cover that doesn't allow him to completely hide. Driftwood laying on the ground, or rocks that butt up against the back of the tank, but allow for some hiding spaces will be appreciated by your fish, and will make him more comfortable.

As Trev has said in the past, never use any medications for injuries/infections, just salt.

Good Luck.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I always had good luck with pima and mela fix for injuries.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store