Got my new jardini today

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Thanks rocky I'll soon have a 22" beast again ;) he's hammering raw prawn and bloodworm daily atm :)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Little update , his growth rate is doing great still no pellets as expected :banghead: but loving the fresh food
The tinfoil barbs are starting to get troubled a little now he's rounding them up and having the occasional snap at tails in true jardini style , think I'll have to re home them in another tank soon
My lfs has to some spotted gar similar size as my jar I was thinking of a grow out together but it'll prob end in disaster what you guys think ? Any inputs welcome :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
too late , when I got home last nite two tin foils dead the third on its way out :( no sign of damage really few scales missing , no sign of disease.
I'm guessing the jardini strikes again with the silver fish ;) terrorised them to death

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Update !!!!! After smashing the tinfoils up before I could rehouse them I've decided to go for a datnoid as a tankmate so far so good the DAT chasing the jardini away from its pipe and holding its own , here's a few pics of it still in the bag View attachment 991488View attachment 991489

FishLoverSinceForever

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2014
In a fish tank
if it still refuses pellet do you think of just giving it live food? Like mealworm, bloodworm and MP as staple? Do you think it will be just fine? :) i also have a jar and i'm sure it wont take pellet. I'm referring to your jar ofcourse

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
He's now feeding on pretty much everything except pellets , I've started feeding worms pellets and using them , I'll starve him onto pellet once he's big enough like o did with my last jar , how old is your jar ATM ? What size any pics ?? ;-)

FishLoverSinceForever

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2014
In a fish tank
He's now feeding on pretty much everything except pellets , I've started feeding worms pellets and using them , I'll starve him onto pellet once he's big enough like o did with my last jar , how old is your jar ATM ? What size any pics ?? ;-)

it's actually an asian aro(yellow tail), somewhere around 2-3" baby size i think. Do you think feeding it mealworm can lead to drop eye? :confused: i'm thinking of feeding mealworm till he grows big enough for other food.

here's a pic
YT.jpg

YT.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Ive never heard the mealworm feeders give aros drop eye , mymates got a rtg that only eats them and its eight year old so I'm doubting that's true , its usually silvers that get d/e but if you add floating plants to keep him from constantly looking down even ping pong balls work when there small

FishLoverSinceForever

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2014
In a fish tank
Ive never heard the mealworm feeders give aros drop eye , mymates got a rtg that only eats them and its eight year old so I'm doubting that's true , its usually silvers that get d/e but if you add floating plants to keep him from constantly looking down even ping pong balls work when there small

ok mate i'll put a ping pong ball in. GL with your fish mate ;)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
You'll probably be ok with regards to drop eye , its mostly silvers that get it Asians don't get it so much , once your fish gets bigger if your scared of it swallowing the ball ( i know its a long way off that :D ) plastic pond Lilly's work well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store