Grading Flowerhorns

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Hey everyone. I was wondering if someonce can post 2 pictures of flowerhorns with 1 a high grade and the other a lower grade? Can you also show me what the markings mean and how are they graded. Thanks, The Doctor

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Bump

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Come on, someone must be able to answer my qusetion. I've posted this questions before and the question wasn't answered then also. The only answers I got were "depends on the pearls and color and size of kok" but it doesn't say where the pearls are supposed to be and look like. Someone must be able to answer these questions. Thanks, The Doctor.

bud

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2009
KCMO US
You will notice on the first fish there are no pearls on head or for that matter on front half the body,theres no flowerline,no color and you can see the middle is just all messed up looking.On the other hand the second fish has worm pearls on his head,nice color,nice flowerline,pearls on the whole body evan on the fins and tail,he also has a nice head.
Hope this helps

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Thanks for all the info. Some have told me that the more expensive FH's have patterns on the side that's like Chinese charactors. Any truth to this? The Doctor.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Here is a pic of my old FH. I consider it high grade...

DSC00090.JPG

Mike fail

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2008
ponca city oklahoma
flowerline doesnt mean anything to quality of the fish, i prefer some fish without them.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Dr_Shakalu;3083609; said:
Come on, someone must be able to answer my qusetion. I've posted this questions before and the question wasn't answered then also. The only answers I got were "depends on the pearls and color and size of kok" but it doesn't say where the pearls are supposed to be and look like. Someone must be able to answer these questions. Thanks, The Doctor.

There's no simple answer for the question. To be honest.

High grade fish should have a large head that is round(no uneven or flat spots), not too long of a body shape, nice full tail(no clam tail).

Pearling/flowerline/etc pends on the strain.

All of this is relative of course. And what someone considers high grade might be low grade to someone else. Just depends how high on the "high grade" ladder you want to climb.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store