Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society (GPASI) Spring Auction

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
C'mon man...at least give us a hint.
Not going to say species but there'll be rare Livebearers, Killies, Catfish, Cichlids, and Discus. Several species of each. Plus the usual rare fish people bring that you never see in LFSs.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Doors are opened, auction starts at 11:00! Hundreds of bags of fish here already and more coming!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Got a ton of stuff there today including: 10g tank with hood and light, 1g half drum glass bowl, 100w heater, 2 vintage air pumps, 1 Halfmoon Plakat Betta ($2), 7 unsexed juvi angelfish ($16), a breeding pair of brown Ancistrus ($8), and a trio of Bluenose Shiners ($30). I might have got ripped off a bit on the shiners for spending that much for a male and two females but they were the only natives there other than pygmy sunfish and I got into a war with one other guy starting at $10 and wasn't prepared to let them go :D. Plus now I'm expanding my collection of natives into the Southeast part of the country as well! I'll post pics of the new fish and setups tomorrow, been a long day.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
~New and Rare Fish that were at the auction~

CATFISH:
8 Corydoras concolor
8 Corydoras sp. CW032
6 Hypancistrus sp. L333
4 Centromochlus perugiae

CICHLIDS:
4 Yellow Face Electric Blue Rams
4 Electric Blue Gold Rams
5 Apistogramma eunotus

RAINBOWFISH:
5 Chilatherina alleni "Wapoga"
5 Melanotaenia mucchollochi "Eubenangee Swamp"
5 Melanotaenia sp. Kiunga

KILLIFISH:
4 Aphyosemion cognatum
4 Aphysosemion primigenium
4 Phyosemion ogoense

LIVEBEARERS:
8 Limia nigrofasciata

DISCUS:
3 High Fin Turquoise
2 Champion Show Quality Pieces

Plus about 1,000 bags of other fish people brought in, some common, most never even heard of by the average hobbyist. Hope to see you guys at the Fall Auction which is just as big on Sunday, September 13th.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store