green arowana keepers!

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
guys,

im quite new here, i got a young green arowana, just 8". any advice on how to develop it to its max beauty and stature? :)

Gamble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
kriztu said:
guys,

im quite new here, i got a young green arowana, just 8". any advice on how to develop it to its max beauty and stature? :)
Maintain good water, feed the fella with high protein foods and watch him grow into a monster! :evil_lol:

kman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2005
Toronto Canada
i had 2 greenies b4

change 30% water per week, straigh tap water is ok, ph around 7.5...temp around 80 is ok.....make sure you have current movement in tank ie powerhead

remove all sharp object from tank ie rocks, drift wood to prevent drop scales

make sure tank has glass top and no holes on top of tank.....they like to jump out if they holes are there

fastest way to bulk up is sw

for my Super Red, i use frozen sw, break in half and stuff sw with hikari sticks after thaw.......i'm sure greenies will like this too

be careful with live sw and crickets.....crickets are very addictive.....u might have hard time to ween them off crickets into mp

earthworms are good too but don't pick them from ur lawn if u fertilize

i feed my big rtg with mice and smelts.....this might be other options for u once ur greenie gets big

.......good luck

Rui

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2005
Calgary, Canada
That is one nice Flowerhorn!!

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
I would feed the aro high quality protein diet like the guys mentioned above, I would also supplement it with dried krill and
Market shrimp with some shell attached to it for added color and market shrimp will really bulk your aro up real fast.

If you can find a constant supply of tropical fish like swordtails ,platies and the like for cheap, I would suggest
Feeding your aro that diet to as nothing could be more natural than feeding your aro fish. Don’t feed them feeder fish like
Goldfish as they are dirty and the risk for disease and parasite transmission if very high. Its also important to note
That adult arowanas should not be fed so much everyday since they are confined in an aquarium and they really don’t
Get to burn all the food that they eat. . I see a lot of beautiful but overfed arowanas and it does not look healthy to me.

Regular water changes coupled with strong filtration is a must. Good ,clean water is as important ( if not more ) than an excellent
Diet for arowanas growth rate and overall health.

Some say exposing the aro in sunlight is good for its coloration. So if you can expose your aro for 6 hours a day, that would help
to make its color better.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
i have had 2 greens and all i did was as advised above, look after the water well and feed it a varied high protein diet.
mine eat pellet so i fed them on that plus prawn's with and without shell and whitebait both are doing well with their respective new owners.
dixon

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
Ya...

sorry to do this...

but You have the most massively, thick, monsterous FH I've ever seen.

A great greenie too.......

but the FH... :hearts:

My God.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
yo koji! your louhan has got a bigger face than my uncle, cool bro! :) :), tanx for all the advise you guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store