green slime type algae again

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
Every now and then I get that green slime type algae I have used chemiclean in past with great results I have that green slime again but cant seem to be able to get any in the uk are there any good alternatives to chemiclean ?

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
The way when I got it and got rid of it was reducing light hours, and bigger more frequent water changes if your talking about cyanobacteria.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
my lights are only on 6 hours a day I my tank iv quite heavily planted and I think some of the food drifts down between the plants the slime is not bad at the moment about 3 years ago I had it so bad in this tank that the plants began to die off I have moved hoplo catfish from my grow out tank into the tank with this slime the hoplo will be able to rummage between the plants and eat any left overs during lights out yes it is cyanobacteria .

the_deeb

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
NYC
Cyanobacteria is awful - I’ve had it take over a few of my tanks, and nothing seems to eat it.

I’ve had pretty good luck with this Green Slime Remover from Ultralife:

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
yes I just saw that one on amazon seller is in the USA I think because of covid 19 not much is being flown out used chemiclean before bought it on ebay from a uk seller but all the ebay listings are in USA .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store