Green Sunfish

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
jhook jhook ] markstrimaran markstrimaran Drx6x Drx6x P predatorkeeper87 Deadliestviper7 Deadliestviper7 - my native tank gets cut-up tilapia and freeze-dried Krill, and clams w/ the occasional earthworms or whatever bait I happen to have leftover. Have you guys tried chopped squid?

Drx6x

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
IL
my staple food is Hikari Carnivore Pellets. mixed in freeze dried krill,frozen krill, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp. thats for my main tank add in whatever i catch for bait and did not use for my warmouth. have not done fillets yet. did feed them duck heart and liver once because i was having duck for dinner.

Reactions: Frank Castle

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
jhook jhook ] markstrimaran markstrimaran Drx6x Drx6x P predatorkeeper87 Deadliestviper7 Deadliestviper7 - my native tank gets cut-up tilapia and freeze-dried Krill, and clams w/ the occasional earthworms or whatever bait I happen to have leftover. Have you guys tried chopped squid?
haven't tried squid, my natives get tilapia, shrimp, krill, earthworms, red worms, crickets, flys, salmon. Pellets if I have them on hand.

jhook

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
Bama
Have not tried squid yet. They do eat tilapia, worms and crickets. Every now and again I'll throw in a few baby crawfish along with pieces of crab. They go nuts for those.

Duckman77

Piranha
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
Aurora, IL
my staple food is Hikari Carnivore Pellets. mixed in freeze dried krill,frozen krill, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp. thats for my main tank add in whatever i catch for bait and did not use for my warmouth. have not done fillets yet. did feed them duck heart and liver once because i was having duck for dinner.
Are you a duck hunter?

Sorry for the derail.

Drx6x

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
IL
nope i want to some time but haven't yet. i get fresh duck from a butcher shop by me.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
What I fed mine:mix of pellets,flakes,deli chicken,carpenter ants,aquatic insects and his favorite:guppies

Reactions: jhook

jhook

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
Bama
What I fed mine:mix of pellets,flakes,deli chicken,carpenter ants,aquatic insects and his favorite:guppies
Nice. I would love to feed him some carpenter ants. Those things are a nuisance where i'm from. I didn't even think that they would make a good meal for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store