Green Terror Cichlid Lost Color?

dwsdarius

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2015
NJ, USA
www.youtube.com
Hey, I've had my Green Terror Cichlid for two years now from birth. He was my single favorite out of his batch from his parents spawn, having his unique white saum. Last year I was forced to keep him in the same tank has his parents were he lost most of his color because of their aggression towards him, but I assumed he would regain color once away from them...but 1 year later in a new tank he still has no color?!?! He still eats and he isn't the lowest ranking fish in the tank...but still has no color. Any idea's how to get his color back? My plan was to leave him in my koi pond for summer months so that he could feel "free" and hopefully that could help...but I really don't know what else to do. Thanks

First Two pictures are before and then follows the afters...

4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Oh my..... has he been tested or treated for parasites? He looks worse then just lost or faded color to me. That is a very shocking change.
What is he in with now?

Reactions: philipraposo1982

dwsdarius

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2015
NJ, USA
www.youtube.com
Oh my..... has he been tested or treated for parasites? He looks worse then just lost or faded color to me. That is a very shocking change.
What is he in with now?
He's In A 210 gallon with other cichlids. He still eats and fights for dominance the same...and has looked this way for a year. Perhaps I should treat for parasites anyway?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Any chance you could put him in a tank by himself? He has to be either very stressed out or sick. I can’t think of any other reason he would lose all color like that. If you can do that then maybe just observe him for a few days. Watch his poop, see if he flashes, or note any other behavior.

Reactions: T374
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store