Green terror marks

Ctdurham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Scotland
Was wondering if anybody knows these Mark's on my gt aye previously posted about her as had her 10 months and she has not growing one bit since aye got her aye got her from private seller so dont no how big a tank she came from as he met me at front door plus dont no what age she is or nothing at first she didnt eat much but now she eats no problem bit these white Mark's have appeared in the last couple of days

20190916_162210.jpg

Ctdurham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Scotland
Looks the GT is losing it's slime coat. Possibly a bacterial is he.
Please list your water parameters?
What are the tankmates?
Hi my ph is fine 7.2 my temp is at 27 and i do weekly water changes of about 400 litres she eats no problem av had her for about 10 month and never grown a dont no how old she is or what tank was like she came from aye also have parrot fish a belly crawler pike couple of red Oscar's couple of dempseys albino and blue a salvini Nicaragua and blue eyed cichlid and uaru they dont pester her atoll she actually youse to bite my blue eyed cichlid when aye first got him now these Mark's have appeared in the last 2 days

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
The other tank mate might not bother her when you are in front of the tank, but she could still be stressed out being a new cichlid at the bottom of the hierarchy.

Can you quarantine? If not, something mild like Seachem Paraguard might be worth trying. It does have to be dosed everyday, and you can't dose Paraguard until 1 hour or 2 after addition of water conditioner.

Reactions: tlindsey

Ctdurham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Scotland
Yes aye have a 150 litre quarantine tank aye will catch her and put her in and try that av had her 10 months now a lot of the fish aye got after her aye knew something wasnt right with her not growing 10 months aye though aye would have seen growth by now thanks for help

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi my ph is fine 7.2 my temp is at 27 and i do weekly water changes of about 400 litres she eats no problem av had her for about 10 month and never grown a dont no how old she is or what tank was like she came from aye also have parrot fish a belly crawler pike couple of red Oscar's couple of dempseys albino and blue a salvini Nicaragua and blue eyed cichlid and uaru they dont pester her atoll she actually youse to bite my blue eyed cichlid when aye first got him now these Mark's have appeared in the last 2 days

Possibly being harrassed by a tankmate. I suggest isolation for the GT.

Reactions: Zanzag

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
That's a fish in trouble, either roughed up from bullying or suffering serious stress-- again, probably from bullying. Quite often you don't see the agression because it happens at night or when you're not in the room.

Either way, if it was my fish I'd get it right out of there for recovery, likely for treatment, or you're going to lose it. I learned that lesson years ago. Once I learned to recognize the signs and act fast, I saved fish I would have once lost and not understood the reason why a once healthy fish suddenly became 'sick'.

There's a significant difference between these pictures and your last post. What often happens next is the fish stops eating, starts hiding or hanging in a corner, before long it develops a fungus and/or cloudy eyes, etc. It can happen fast once a fish starts looking like yours does if nothing is done to remedy the situation.

Last edited:

Ctdurham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Scotland
That's a fish in trouble, either roughed up from bullying or suffering serious stress-- again, probably from bullying. Quite often you don't see the agression because it happens at night or when you're not in the room.

Either way, if it was my fish I'd get it right out of there for recovery, likely for treatment, or you're going to lose it. I learned that lesson years ago. Once I learned to recognize the signs and act fast, I saved fish I would have once lost and not understood the reason why a once healthy fish suddenly became 'sick'.

There's a significant difference between these pictures and your last post. What often happens next is the fish stops eating, starts hiding or hanging in a corner, before long it develops a fungus and/or cloudy eyes, etc. It can happen fast once a fish starts looking like yours does if nothing is done to remedy the situation.
Hi there thanks for the help I have removed her and put in tank for herself av added primafix and melafix to see if that helps her a bit hopefully she starts to peck up worried about her

Reactions: neutrino
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store