Green terror question

Bfishin3

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hey guys I have a problem with my green terror. About a week ago i noticed he wasnt closing his mouth all the way anymore and looking at him his teeth/gums are swollen looking. Does anyone know what could be wrong with him?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Hey guys I have a problem with my green terror. About a week ago i noticed he wasnt closing his mouth all the way anymore and looking at him his teeth/gums are swollen looking. Does anyone know what could be wrong with him?
Duck lips caused by flexibacter columnaris. Lower tank temperature to less than 75f if possible. Add salt to slow down progression about 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Treat with Seachem Kanaplex and API furan-2.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Heres a couple pics
I agree, looks like columnaris.
Here's couple pics of how it manifests.
You will need an antibiotic effective against gram negative bacteria to fight it.
And temps under 82'F tend to slow the diseases a bit, above 82' is most virulent and it progresses rapidly.

above 1st symptoms.
below getting worse.

below the jaw area is atrophied and death soon follows

Reactions: tlindsey

triggered

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
australia
Good luck with treatment ? hope all goes well, beautiful fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store