Green Terror Sex

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Although these are not rivulatus, they are cichlids and demonstrate the large enough vent a female needs to deposit eggs.
Males are much more pointed, since sperm cells are basically microscopic, whereas a female cichlids eggs can be large.

Here note the difference in a male (left) female vent (right).

and the humps are liquid filled sacs in the head area that grow or diminish with perceived status in the tank, so although it may seem to be alpha enough to you, to be humpy, actual status may be determined by the similar status of other fish in the tank, especially other cichlids.
Another egg vent, on a female sajica..

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
I'm leaning female. A month or so back I though I had a male and ordered a female for him. A week later he laid the eggs....lol. A friend pointed out the ventral fins did not reach the anal fin and indicated female. The male I ordered shortly after, the ventral fins extended a bit past the start of the anal fin. A week later I had wigglers.

Reactions: Peetree

Peetree

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2019
I'm leaning female. A month or so back I though I had a male and ordered a female for him. A week later he laid the eggs....lol. A friend pointed out the ventral fins did not reach the anal fin and indicated female. The male I ordered shortly after, the ventral fins extended a bit past the start of the anal fin. A week later I had wigglers.
I see! Yeah I’m leaning female as well, still no hump and she is over 5”. Moved her to her own 75 gallon because of her aggression over her little spots she was digging out in the substrate. Haha

Reactions: Ozzie73

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
I see! Yeah I’m leaning female as well, still no hump and she is over 5”. Moved her to her own 75 gallon because of her aggression over her little spots she was digging out in the substrate. Haha
I made the mistake of not trying to vent or knowing the ventral fin trick ahead of time. I think it's a CA / SA thing. She was the biggest most colorful of the batch so I assumed male. I fell for the assume trick...lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store