Growouts: Orino, Broko, Pinima, Intermedia

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
like 4-5" I'd say
I think they still look amazing. Love the spangles.

Pardon my ignorance, I am brand new to chichlas. What is the allure to pure bred vs. Farmies? Is it dollar value, bragging rights, breeding purposes? Is it bad if they are hybrid? I’m still trying to figure out what mine are so I’m curious about all this.

Reactions: tcav88

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
I think they still look amazing. Love the spangles.

Pardon my ignorance, I am brand new to chichlas. What is the allure to pure bred vs. Farmies? Is it dollar value, bragging rights, breeding purposes? Is it bad if they are hybrid? I’m still trying to figure out what mine are so I’m curious about all this.
it's personal taste I guess, but these specifically are from Indonesia where fish are injected to inhibit spawning behavior for mass productions. I'm just a wild caught pure bred kinda guy where I care about catch locations because they effect the adult colorations and patterns. Imo I prefer their natural beauty as oppose to man made colorations and patterns. But to each their own

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
it's personal taste I guess, but these specifically are from Indonesia where fish are injected to inhibit spawning behavior for mass productions. I'm just a wild caught pure bred kinda guy where I care about catch locations because they effect the adult colorations and patterns. Imo I prefer their natural beauty as oppose to man made colorations and patterns. But to each their own
Ahh. Thank you for explaining. I can understand why you would be this way.

Reactions: tcav88

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Wow. Love the spangles. I think orino is my fave so far out of the chichlas.

The second one from bottom seems to be a different colour, is it a different type (collection point) or is that just a different angle of camera?
Looks to be three different types of bass my friend top two pics look to be occelaris brokopondo middle pic is Azul bottom pic is orino. But we can let SePPii SePPii confirm my id

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
The second from the bottom is actually the growouts that tcav88 tcav88 bought as Pinima, turns out they are Azul.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
The second from the bottom is actually the growouts that tcav88 tcav88 bought as Pinima, turns out they are Azul.
Nice I thought it was azul because of the colour. So is pinima a collection point or an actual species?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store