growth rate for a jardini?

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
A good staple food for arowana is market prawn, market shrimp, MP, or whatever you wanna call it. It's high in protein, low in fat and calories and relatively cheap.

For smaller aros, remove the head and shell and cut into small pieces. For larger fish, just remove the head, tail (the piece at the very end) and cut into 2-3 pieces.

It's easy because you can freeze them. I feed MP Monday-Friday and try to get something else for a bit of variation on Saturday. Sunday is water changing day, so no food :grinno:

JB

P.s. Many people only feed MP with good results for many years. If you're worried about your aro not getting his vits, insert aro sticks into the cut up pieces of MP before feeding.

T

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Fish Island
my jardini grew about 2 inches per month. but thats cuz i fed it 3 times a day.

Taboojen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Calif.
i've been told that frequency of feeding makes the world of a difference. Like 3 times a day vs. once.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
Taboojen said:
i've been told that frequency of feeding makes the world of a difference. Like 3 times a day vs. once.
It sure does, and make sure you keep changing water. :D

Aussienative

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
Australia
hey guys, when i buy my aro i will probably get one thats about 2.5in long and ill wanna let it grow gradually not shoot to over a foot in 12 months, obviously i'll still feed it quality food just not as much(once a day) will this be ok? did that make sense? :screwy:

Opiate

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Where eva theres Cichla!!!
mines growing slowly...slower than what i thought but i dun mind...give time for my jag to catch up !!

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
If you keep his healthy and happy, one day you
'll notice wow! he's growing like crazy, mine just suddenly took off on a growth spurt.

Opiate

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Where eva theres Cichla!!!
yeah i feed my jardini heaps and heaps mostly crickets, yabbies and bloodworm! is beefheart far better than bloodworm ?

and it's still roughly 11-12 inches hasnt grown much at all.. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store