Growth rate of clouded archerfish?

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Am thinking of getting a group of 2-3" clouded archerfish and a school of tetras and barbs was wondering how fast are those guys growth rates before i have to move some stock around?

Thanks!

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Im more concerned with my littlest clown loaches at 2" thank you! A school of cheap Tetras are dime a dozen a loach you are trying to work on growing isnt fun to lose

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
I wouldn't worry too much about the clown loach. Archers stay almost exclusively at the top of the water column while the clown loach will stay at the bottom. My archers didn't bother my bottom fish at all.

FireMedic

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Middle of somewhere, Oulu Wisconsin
I have a shoal of 8 T. Blythii that are vibrant, active and feeding on a mix of floating and sinking pellets with the occasional addition of waxworms and spikes from the local bait store.
I have owned them roughly 3 months now with each being approximately 3 inches long. They have achieved 1/8 - 3/16th of growth in this span.
It is worth mentioning that these fish also increase in girth and ventral/dorsal depth as much as length.

FireMedic

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Middle of somewhere, Oulu Wisconsin
A nutritional update:
I serve the T. Blythii (Clouded Archers) a varied mix of Hikari products.
- Sinking wafers
- Vibra bites
- Sinking carnivore pellets

Try this approach when offering new foods:

The tremendous success I have had with these foods has been due to the fact that I time my offering of the pellets with changes in lighting levels. I have a "dawns early light" setting to stimulate morning activity then I use a "dim setting sun" for the evenings feed.
-respectfully, Tim

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
All 8 have been thriving. Its been little bit frustrating on this group. They are hitting 3" already yes the depth and girth is definitely noticable. I have been sneaking in NLS thera A or flakes. They will dart for them then last minute abort. 1 or 2 out of the 8 are the open minded ones and the the most silver ironically vs the others in their markings. I feed them freeze dried bloodworms.

Flake food, hikari sinking wafers, bug bytes, NLS thera A... all NO GO for most even spit out frozen bloodworms WTH. Will continue to work on pellet training this group. I dont have strip lights set up on the 40gbreeder on those guys as they were very skittish and banging on the glass when they first came in with adjustments to driftwood and java mosses they have calmed down quite a bit and do their laps around the tank when they see me coming into the basement. . They are currently housed with red and blue columbian tetras to keep them somewhat calmer. Cant house them with ADHD fish like the arulius barbs yet.

Reactions: amazontank

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
amazontank amazontank I got mine from wetspot at end of January and they have increased in size already in few weeks span. I can see them hitting 5" in a year easily if not by fall

Reactions: amazontank
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store