Growth Rate of Delhezi Bichir’s?

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
I have found my laps, Endlis, and del to be slow growers personally, while feeding worms and shrimps daily. I can visibly see my ornate growing every week though. Sometimes I think it’s just a crapshoot.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
I got mine around 5" a year ago as a random fish I added to my 550g and forgot about. Since then he's gotten to be about 9" and incredibly fat. Sometimes it looks like he has trouble lugging his fat gut around with him as he swims. He seems to have stopped growing lengthwise for the most part. Hes CB so Im sure this is pretty much the extent of his possible size

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
I got mine around 5" a year ago as a random fish I added to my 550g and forgot about. Since then he's gotten to be about 9" and incredibly fat. Sometimes it looks like he has trouble lugging his fat gut around with him as he swims. He seems to have stopped growing lengthwise for the most part. Hes CB so Im sure this is pretty much the extent of his possible size
No shotttttttttt, I don’t think CBs are stunted to those extremes, even if he only grew to 50% of his capability it’d still reach 15”. Is he SB fat?

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
No shotttttttttt, I don’t think CBs are stunted to those extremes, even if he only grew to 50% of his capability it’d still reach 15”. Is he SB fat?
Nah not SB for sure. But he has pretty much the whole bottom of the tank to himself with more food than he could ever want and he seems to have stopped growing long and is just getting thicker at this point. He could possibly be 10" at max but yeah I think hes hit the ceiling. He looks incredibly healthy though. I got him off craigslist as a rescue though so I have no idea what he was in before this and maybe that played into his size.

Sticky90

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2020
I have found my laps, Endlis, and del to be slow growers personally, while feeding worms and shrimps daily. I can visibly see my ornate growing every week though. Sometimes I think it’s just a crapshoot.
My laps are growing at a snails pace. The endlis are quickly becoming monsters though. One PBB has hit a growth spurt. Ornates just seem to steadily grow at like 3/4” a month, and all sleep in funny spots. So probably proof that it’s all a crap shoot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store