Florida
www.myspace.com

pauly187

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2010
U.S
Aquanero;4555061; said:
IMO It's better to feed them smaller pellets they can swallow whole. There is less waste and mess and the fish benifit from all the nutriants available. My 7" GT gets 3mm pellets and my RD & Trimacs gets 4.5mm. The smaller fish are all on 1mm pellets. If there's food comming out of the gills they're not swallowing it.

I also don't recomend feeding GT's very large meals, a couple of smaller meals is better for/easyer on the digestive system. I've been using NLS Thera+A and have had excelent results, add some skinned peas a couple of times a week and your golden.
the gt will waist nothing infact will eat two large pellots hardly no food comes out his gills he actually eats it
thats why im surprised

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
I experienced the same thing when I got my new xiloaensis. the large male I already had was 9"SL and very thick whereas the new females I got were only about 4-4.5" SL and no where near as bulky. When I first got them I dropped some 7.5mm pellets in for the larger male and was going to then drop some smaller ones in for the females once the male was distracted, but I found the smaller females were snatching up the 7.5mm pellets right beside the male. so now I pretty much just feed the same size to the tank since they all eat the same size pellet even though the fish are different sizes.

now it's true that smaller fish eating larger pellets are going to create more waste....but I have silver dollars and a catfish to pick up those pieces so it all works out. :)

pauly187

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2010
U.S
its pretty awesome i think cause now i dont have to buy two sepret pellots
and the GT seems to be growing faster than he was when eating his mini pellots
:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store