GT mauled

lionboy1970

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
kentucky
I moved 3 GT into my 125 with a couple of Jags, JD's, Fire Mouth, Blue Acara, and a pictus and synidontis (spelling) catfish. Sometime last night one of the GT's had half of its face ripped off. To make matters worse the fish is still trying to eat, and other than a little heavy gill movement, is acting pretty normal. A big part of me wants to go ahead and put the fish down........but there could be a chance it will be ok.

Just looking for some advice.....

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
if he eats well keep him.
if not do the honorable thing.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
lionboy1970;759369; said:
I moved 3 GT into my 125 with a couple of Jags, JD's, Fire Mouth, Blue Acara, and a pictus and synidontis (spelling) catfish. Sometime last night one of the GT's had half of its face ripped off. To make matters worse the fish is still trying to eat, and other than a little heavy gill movement, is acting pretty normal. A big part of me wants to go ahead and put the fish down........but there could be a chance it will be ok.

Just looking for some advice.....
needs pics to see the damage

GJC

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
:( Poor Guy, I would give it a chance. Unless it really looks like it's hurting. Keep up on water changes, and maybe some salt.

lionboy1970

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
kentucky
I tried posting pics the other day and couldn't get to work right. Is there a thread that give instructions on how to do it?

lionboy1970

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
kentucky
Just an update...he is still alive and doing well. Will be one of the ugliest fish i have ever had, but he seems to be doing fine.

GJC

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
Still doing ok?

davidefc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Liverpool UK
yh give him a shot you'd be proud of yourself if a good recuvery you could add some melafix thats supposed to be good for open wounds. GL keep it up and he will to:D

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
If you can move him to a hospital/quarintine tank raise the temp add some melafix and maybe some salt. GL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store