GT's with JD's

TaxBaby16

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2020
Ive been looking for a male GT but it looks like the 2 I got are female. If I get a male JD now will I be able to add a male GT down the road?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Depends on the tank size and temperament of the JD and if you don't mind having one that looks beat up. What size are the current 2 GTs

TaxBaby16

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2020
Depends on the tank size and temperament of the JD and if you don't mind having one that looks beat up. What size are the current 2 GTs
Current GTs are 3"& 4"(sexing still questionable) JD will be 6" male. the JD is a rehome.... I could opt to find a smaller one but im not dead set on getting it. the opportunity just presented itself

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I wouldn’t recommend it. The similar markings on the two would only increase the competition, as they see each other as a bigger threat than they would a much different cichlid. They also occupy similar niches that would increase aggression.

TaxBaby16

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2020
I wouldn’t recommend it. The similar markings on the two would only increase the competition, as they see each other as a bigger threat than they would a much different cichlid. They also occupy similar niches that would increase aggression.
Ill probably back out then

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store