Guess what kind of Reptile

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I find what looks like legless lizards in my yard under boards, etc laying on the ground. They are under 6 inches, black and very smooth. You can barely see eyes or mouth, only the direction it crawls gives you an idea that end is the head, any idea? Might even be a snake but I doubt it. (sorry, no pics)
Thread snake.
Non native, said to be established in Fl.
ameiva.
Another Fl guy.
something in the whiptail/race runner family, some are parthenogenec.
View attachment 1315200 A florida native, IIRC. Very specific habitat.
swift lizard, not sure species.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I find what looks like legless lizards in my yard under boards, etc laying on the ground. They are under 6 inches, black and very smooth. You can barely see eyes or mouth, only the direction it crawls gives you an idea that end is the head, any idea? Might even be a snake but I doubt it. (sorry, no pics)
Thread snake.
Non native, said to be established in Fl.
ameiva.
Another Fl guy.
something in the whiptail/race runner family, some are parthenogenec.
View attachment 1315200 A florida native, IIRC. Very specific habitat.
swift lizard, not sure species.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
Race runners are never easy to catch lol
Caught some as a boy, your best bet is corner them where they run for cover. That Fl Museum of natural history link covers all lizards in Fl, I had no idea the number of non natives. A few years ago, a Mexican spiny tailed iguana (my best guess) used to live on a certain tree by a creek here, never could get within 20 ft, much less catch him.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Caught some as a boy, your best bet is corner them where they run for cover. That Fl Museum of natural history link covers all lizards in Fl, I had no idea the number of non natives. A few years ago, a Mexican spiny tailed iguana (my best guess) used to live on a certain tree by a creek here, never could get within 20 ft, much less catch him.
I have fun chasing exotics every time I come to florida, my favorite method for fast lizards is to bring a friend, makes it much easier.

Reactions: Kris P Bacon

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

Maybe a worm snake.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store