Guppies itching. What do i do?

Cait finnMcGilligan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2017
I should warn you both the cray and turtle will try to feed on your fish, your turtle should be fine for a while but your cray looks larger and may attempt to feed on the gups.
That's a zoomed pic. Shes only about the size of my pinky. The turtle won't eat anything unless it's fed to it by hand (hes spoiled) ive seen him watching the fish but hasn't tried to go after them yet. I've been keeping a close eye on them and if either of them try to go after the fish I'll have to get another tank and separate them. So far everyone just minds their own business.

Reactions: Wailua Boy

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
One other tip I noticed with crays is they really benefit from iodine in their diet. Alot shrimp foods on market have iodine supplemented in there. I like to use nori(sushi wrap) its cheap and high in iodine.

Reactions: Cait finnMcGilligan

Cait finnMcGilligan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2017
One other tip I noticed with crays is they really benefit from iodine in their diet. Alot shrimp foods on market have iodine supplemented in there. I like to use nori(sushi wrap) its cheap and high in iodine.
I've never even thought of using sushi wrap, what a great idea! I'll have to grab some next time I do groceries!

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Your gups will even appreciate it(nori).I think you know you're deficient in iodine when they start have to funny molts, sometimes missing an appendage or an irregular size claw.

Reactions: Cait finnMcGilligan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store