guys... help me decide for my sick ray

porksoda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2007
philippines
as some of you may have read my common SW ray thread, and thanks for the tips n replies gladly appreciated.. here goes, my blue spotted has not looked any good, still skinny, eating very little wont take the worms, shrimps (but will try harder), tried giving him few vitamins i could find for its very hard to get specific supplements for rays here very limited stingray gear and meds...filtration looks fine...also he does this weird tiptoe movement and like he's eating/sucking something off the gravel..
i was thinking since i cant bear seeing "roman" my ray suffer and die, maybe its a better choice if i go set him free out in the ocean where he belongs? OR should i still try other ways to save him? (tried removing half the gravel and will change water later) i feel really bad about this...hope u understand my dilemma here...:(

Waldo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Spokane WA
I would keep trying. I've seen sick rays go from last leg to fine. the biggest thing was finding what ails them. the other bad thing is what if it's some disease or parasite that doesn't occure naturally wherever you dump him off? are you willing to potentially destroy that environment, and give FWS more reason to ban fish?

Brenden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2006
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
www.mazuri.com I believe is the website for Mazuri which specalizes in vitamins and suppliments for exotics animals. Just make sure you click on the Shark / Ray section. Also Blue Spotted Stingrays have been known to do poorly in captivity, so realisticaly yours probable wont last to much longer. Hopefully you can prove me wrong.Good luck!

adamstv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2006
costa mesa
do ANYTHING but give up. And if you do give up dont release him to a slower death. Euthinize(sp?) it. Use clove oil or if you cant afford it. Clip off his sting and stomp on his head as quick and fast as possible.

porksoda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2007
philippines
adamstv;712820; said:
do ANYTHING but give up. And if you do give up dont release him to a slower death. Euthinize(sp?) it. Use clove oil or if you cant afford it. Clip off his sting and stomp on his head as quick and fast as possible.
wont he do better in his natural environment? i plan to release him in a spot with corals, etc.. the 2nd option's too brutal for me, sorry

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
i take it they naturally occur where you live. Chances are it is a wildcaught ray, but like waldo says, you might end up doing more harm than good.

porksoda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2007
philippines
Brenden;711965; said:
www.mazuri.com I believe is the website for Mazuri which specalizes in vitamins and suppliments for exotics animals. Just make sure you click on the Shark / Ray section. Also Blue Spotted Stingrays have been known to do poorly in captivity, so realisticaly yours probable wont last to much longer. Hopefully you can prove me wrong.Good luck!
thanks! will try my best though!:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store