H. Pearsi

barley pop

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2006
IL
Hi guys and girls i have googled these but can not find to much info. i see that they get about 10" and they say that they are "not to agro"
but what does that mean ??

any body have them and if so what tank mates do you have them with ?
and how agro are they.

i know it depends on the fish. i am just asking in general.

thanks for the info ;)

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
i kno that there pretty hard to get...

DarthV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2004
Canada
They are similar to bocourti... more like peaceful giants. And they will grow much larger than 10". I ended up buying 4 at ACA in Chicago last summer and sold them locally in the fall. Very striking fish!

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Finally! someone showing some interest in this Cichlid. This is my all time favorite fish. They get big. Mine is about 10.5 inches right now and i was told that he's still a little baby. Nice mellow fish that has the coolest half moon shape in the corners of the eye. Mine is yellow, burgundy with black color patterns. I would highly recommend this fish, not so much for the color but the personality. Mine is nick named after 1 of my dogs because he acts just like my Lab Truman. Very, very interactive fish that begs for food and loves to be hand fed.

Gudjon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Iceland
driftwood;1061871; said:
Finally! someone showing some interest in this Cichlid. This is my all time favorite fish. They get big. Mine is about 10.5 inches right now and i was told that he's still a little baby. Nice mellow fish that has the coolest half moon shape in the corners of the eye. Mine is yellow, burgundy with black color patterns. I would highly recommend this fish, not so much for the color but the personality. Mine is nick named after 1 of my dogs because he acts just like my Lab Truman. Very, very interactive fish that begs for food and loves to be hand fed.

got any pics? I've got 4x 4" pearsei, I'm hoping to get a pair

DarthV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2004
Canada
Gudjon, you will be waiting a while to get a pair. They take a LONG time before they hit sexual maturity. Here's one of mine from last year. He was about 4-5":

SMS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2007
MASS
They look alot like Viejas, what does the H. stand for? It doesnt look like a Herichthys. It is quite nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store