H. Pearsi

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
They are actually ex-Cichlasoma Pearsei...previously Hericthys. They can get much bigger than 10"...and very high thick body. They do well with others, but are agro toward conspecifics. A wile back a friend shipped me fifty juveniles. I still have four. REALLY under rated CA cichlid. If you can find stock from Guatemala you will see more color than the fish originating from the Yucatan.

barley pop

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2006
IL
thanks for all the info guys !!

sounds like they would be a good fit in the 125 with the uaru and sev soon to be a 180+

i have found one that i will be ordering soon :headbang2

DarthV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2004
Canada
I'll second what Mo said about conspecific aggression. My largest took out one of the others and started wailing on the others.

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
barley pop;1062381; said:
so do you guys think they will be ok with the uaru and sev ??
Urau are blackwater fish that really need a low PH while Pearsi are Central american and like a PH of about 7.5. I don't know how well the Urau will do in a high PH. They can be sensitive about water quality. The Sev and the Pearsi should do ok together. All 3 fish would probably do ok but the PH requirements are so different.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Mine reached about 14"before they died in a cold snap in 300 gal rubbermaid, the 4 would eat a cup of thawed peas and a head of romaine lettuce/day, and quickly outgrew my 150 gal tank. They were very mellow until about 12" and then started gettting nippy with each other. Great fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store