Haitian cichlid pair

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
these guys are doing great. Got these guys at around 1 inch September 2016, male is now around 14 inches female around 9 inches. These fish have had a high protein diet since the day I got them. They have never had pellets or veggie based food. They have been in a unheated tank for about 2 years now. I see a lot of people following the internet on how to raise Haitians and to be honest most of these fish being feed these veggie diets are dying or have poor growth. I have been raising these species for years, and I think people need to rethink the way the raise these fish

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
these fry hatched on April 23rd this video is from June 9th these little guys are growing really well. I'm going to be separating them in the next couple days, gonna raise 3 or 4 more pairs.

Blue Demp

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2004
Minnesota
Funny, I was just watching Skip’s video about your pair. I’ve raised a few sub-adults with massivore delite without worrying about bloat. You have a great looking pair!

Reactions: Nilsafeller

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
these guys are doing great. Got these guys at around 1 inch September 2016, male is now around 14 inches female around 9 inches. These fish have had a high protein diet since the day I got them. They have never had pellets or veggie based food. They have been in a unheated tank for about 2 years now. I see a lot of people following the internet on how to raise Haitians and to be honest most of these fish being feed these veggie diets are dying or have poor growth. I have been raising these species for years, and I think people need to rethink the way the raise these fish
Absolutely beautiful fish! I've always loved andy woods haitiensis but I've never pulled the trigger on getting 9ne because it seems general consensus is they are hard to keep alive!
Guess not?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store