HAMBURG REPTILE SHOW TOMM!!!

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Wow! That's so freakin weird! At least here it kinda makes sense cuz there's a steady supply of antivenins since they're native so probably why were allowed to keep them. Your law is outright crazy! I've always had a passion for hots so I probably would love it over there haha

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Wow! That's so freakin weird! At least here it kinda makes sense cuz there's a steady supply of antivenins since they're native so probably why were allowed to keep them. Your law is outright crazy! I've always had a passion for hots so I probably would love it over there haha
I think the idea behind it is to preserve native species, for example if we could sell wild-caught trout in PA without a permit, everyone would just spend all of April May and June filling freezers up on trout that were stocked by Fish and Game or private trout clubs, either way it's paid for by tax dollars. Now imagine if there was a high demand for decimated and overfished/overcollected species like smallmouth bass or timber rattlesnakes. There would be none LEFT in the state.

I actually agree with it, except for the Eastern Ratsnake law.....supposedly all Grey, Yellow, Everglades, Black, Gulf Hammock, Greenish and Bairds ratsnakes are all the same species, Pantherophis obsoleta. I agree they are not the same as Asian Elaphe, but certainly are not all the same species or subspecies, in which case only Black ratsnakes are native to PA. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to become PA Fish and Game - literally all you needis a high school diploma.....these guys can barely tell an eastern milksnake from an Arizona mountain kingsnake LOL

Last edited:

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Ya I see how it makes sense. What still doesn't make sense is that you can have exotic venomous without a permit. Seems like they're more concerned about the native animals instead of people so in that case it makes perfect sense. Thin out the stupid people haha

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Ya I see how it makes sense. What still doesn't make sense is that you can have exotic venomous without a permit. Seems like they're more concerned about the native animals instead of people so in that case it makes perfect sense. Thin out the stupid people haha
Ya, the British Reptile community hates the U.S. for how laxed we are on our exotic pet restrictions. Australia on the other hand offers a $100, 000 fine for possessing a Red-eared slider. (-_-)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wonder how it came about that Australian authorities wuld impose such a punishment for a red eared slider....probably due to the turtle possibly being able to establish it's species if enough of them are turned loose or escape somehow.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I wonder how it came about that Australian authorities wuld impose such a punishment for a red eared slider....probably due to the turtle possibly being able to establish it's species if enough of them are turned loose or escape somehow.
Ya, Aussies are seriously serious about their wildlife ever since the introduction of Cain toads and
feral rats.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Ya, Aussies are seriously serious about their wildlife ever since the introduction of Cain toads and
feral rats.
Yes,I have heard about the Cain toad problem there and can appreciate the authorities efforts to protect the unique wildlife of their continent....There also seem to be a Cain toad problem throughout the Carribean.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Yes,I have heard about the Cain toad problem there and can appreciate the authorities efforts to protect the unique wildlife of their continent....There also seem to be a Cain toad problem throughout the Carribean.
Dude, WE have a Cain toad problem in the U.S.......Antarctica is probably the only continent that doesn't.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I remember reading something also about how Australia plans on euthanizing around 2mil feral cats within the next couple years as well cuz they're definitely not helping out with the environment just like everywhere else

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store