Handsome fella

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
He's about 6 inches. He's in a 60 gallon with an 9 inch snide fish. The pet store told us that the ppl who dropped them off said they have been in a 55 gallon together for roughly a year. I know they are going to out grow tank but I feel separating them right now would only add to their stress. The CKF isn't eating either.
so there are 2 knifefish in this tank then? They could definitely stand the upgrade as there may be some bloodshed in the future as their size increases. You just got them in the tank, some of my fish take 2-3 weeks to start eating for me.

Kathryn1983

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2017
so there are 2 knifefish in this tank then? They could definitely stand the upgrade as there may be some bloodshed in the future as their size increases. You just got them in the tank, some of my fish take 2-3 weeks to start eating for me.
No there a gar and a CKF in tank. They sleep rapped around each other.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
oh wait...you only posted a pic of a knifefish that I can see? I didn't even know a gar was in the mix lol. ya gar especially take a while to get feeding sometimes, the CK will eat before him for sure.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I replied to ur post in the gar photo thread Kathryn1983 Kathryn1983 . You have a hujeta gar. Once the ck gets bigger it'll be in trouble.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
They didn't even charge me for him as they knew nothing about him
I had the same thing happen a couple years ago with 2 large dragon gobies which I added to another one someone got because it looked cool but they didn't know anything about it and it wouldn't work in their tank

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nice fish but eventually both will need an upgrade

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store