Happy 4th MFK!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hope everyone has a safe and great 4th of July! Spending time with my family and some bbq. 2BF9CD79-BC37-4C9B-9580-47493D10887F.jpeg

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Forgive me if any of this sounds political. We had ten thousand idiots shooting off stuff all over the county. It's been normal desert heat and no rain for months. There's a lot of tinder where folks don't irrigate. It's hard to water enough. I'm tellin' ya . . . the brain drain is real. Modern people are beyond insane. That will be their footnote in history: Over The Edge.

Fresno city had 211 fire calls in one night. Structures burned down and 911 callers could not get an ambulance. Every cop was busy, and the county Sherriff had nearly 2000 calls in two days. This is on top of a force which has been reduced by quarantine, and (because we fortunately haven't had riots) has been sending many men to serve in Oakland and other places having big race-riot problems.

Two nights of indiscretion had the police haul in two drunks from a party down the street from me. Two nights in a row they were shooting off rockets over the trees (fortunately downwind from me). I was in the back, soaking down my redwoods with a hose. I have a concrete-stucco house with concrete tile roof, so not a lot to catch sparks, but I have 7 mature trees, and they were not safe at all. I went out both nights to try and get them to knock it off, but Saturday someone heard me yelling at them in the center of the cul-de-sac, loudly, command voice booming off six houses like farkin sasquatch, "YOU better knock that OFF or there's gonna be TROUBLE!" They called the cops, who came within 5 minutes..

But by then I was already in back, watering my neighbor's unirrigated weed patch, so it wouldn't burn and catch my fence. When the cops arrived I missed all the action. I was told eight cops showed up in 4 cars. No firetruck showed up, but I guess the local cops were busting people in force. Nothing burned down here, but a downwind neighbor found his swimming pool afloat with burnt rockets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store