Hard decision..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Ok guys I'm going to That Pet Place/Fish place tomorrow and I can't decide on these 2 fish I want. I'm confused as to get a Cuban Cichlid (I've wanted one forever now).. Or a Texas cichlid! ( they are so pretty) I would prefer a red Texas ciclid but they are out of stock... So my decision is on those 2.. Which one would be better for my tank.. I have a tank with 2 jack dempseys(pair), 2 juvenile convicts(1 male, 1 female).. And a female juvenile green terror. Sooo Cuban or Texas lol help me decide.

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
My biggest bit of advice is if you really want a specific fish wait around for that fish to become available. But as said need more information about the tank it is going in.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
My biggest bit of advice is if you really want a specific fish wait around for that fish to become available. But as said need more information about the tank it is going in.
Waiting around for it seems like it will never happen lol unless I order it offline somewhere else

Blue Bear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
Florida
With 2 pairs of cichlids you're already asking for some trouble imo. Adding another large cichlid in the mix probably wouldn't be too good. I've never had a Cuban personally, so I can't speak about them, I have had some pretty nasty Texas Cichlids.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Well by pairs I mean male and female, I've never gotten fry yet from either pair... Especially my jack dempseys which I've had for 2 years

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Cubans can be prone to bloat, when younger and do better grown out on there own

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota
Tex are cool but can be demons. Like really. If a 6 inch fish that not even in breeding mode will do it best to shred your arm... Well a fully grown one is probably worse, especially if it a Carpintis. Amd male.

Cuban bloat, but if youre careful you should manage alrigtpht.

Red Tex are cool but the chances of you getting a decent one are slim to none. Most are either green or tan/pale pink. Very vew are red, and even then its not a vibrant red. You might get lucky, buuuut prolly not. Not sure if you knew the chances of getting a decent Red or not. Just thought id mention it.

Personally i would go Tex, preferably female, preferably Cyano. Those are the most peaceful IME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store