Hard water catfish

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Giraffe catfish inhabit some hard waters too in Africa, both giant and dwarf. Perhaps e-cats too.

I'd do my homework by regions or rivers and lakes with known hard water... or find a way to sift Cat-eLog on Planet Catfish by water hardness.

Common pleco (and I'd presume many other pleco species) are Armageddon fish that adapt to any water it seems, including the hardest...

Reactions: Bertie07

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
Giraffe catfish inhabit some hard waters too in Africa, both giant and dwarf. Perhaps e-cats too.

I'd do my homework by regions or rivers and lakes with known hard water... or find a way to sift Cat-eLog on Planet Catfish by water hardness.

Common pleco (and I'd presume many other pleco species) are Armageddon fish that adapt to any water it seems, including the hardest...
I would love a dwarf giraffe cat but I cant seem to find any, I will try and go through Cat-eLog and see what I can find.

jordanlewis100

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
Kent,UK
I would love a dwarf giraffe cat but I cant seem to find any, I will try and go through Cat-eLog and see what I can find.
Hoplos would work in that water so would humbugs even jag cats along with the previously mentioned synos, I think the synos are generally more outgoing in my experience, have you looked on wildwoods website? They’re not far from London

If you look at my signature all my catfish are kept in filtered tap water not too far from London

Reactions: Bertie07

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
If you look at my signature all my catfish are kept in filtered tap water not too far from London
Yeah after testing my water for gh and kh I've found that it's pretty hard but not too hard for lots of catfish, ill look into the ones you have and I've been checking on wildwoods but they don't have anything I particularly like in stock, I think I'm going to ask my lfs to order me in some fish and I will probably go with a group of synos and a solo catfish like a driftwood cat or similar

Reactions: jordanlewis100
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store