Has a fishtank ever fallen through the floor?

Urgula

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
If its on an exterior or other load bearing wall you SHOULD be fine with that much weight. But I agree w tlindsey. Without going to your house I can't promise that. If u don't know construction, its better to find someone who does to check out your situation before u pull the trigger.
The house is built in 2009, so I'm not worried with the structure being worn down by time and I know it's up to standards.
The problem with hiring a structure engineer is that it would cost 1-2k for the "inspection". Normal inspection was like $800, when you're hiring engineers, price bracket is kinda different...

Urgula

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
well, yes of course if the flooring or cement isn't strong enough it WILL crack as it happened before to someone on yt, try stick away from huge tanks and multiples of them! Be careful and try not move so much furniture in the house haha
I just want something around 150gal, which would be double the size of what I have now.
I wanna hard scape it and have a plant wall on top.
Anything larger, would look too bulky on the wall I'm planning to put it on, but anything smaller, to me, looks too small.

This is how the 70 gal looks in the space, that would be the only big tank in the house:

PS: ignore the lack of substrate... I took it out for the move and the cat peed in it cuz he was too stressed by the robot vacuums...

70_gal.png

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
The house is built in 2009, so I'm not worried with the structure being worn down by time and I know it's up to standards.
The problem with hiring a structure engineer is that it would cost 1-2k for the "inspection". Normal inspection was like $800, when you're hiring engineers, price bracket is kinda different...
You'll be fine. Just make sure u get a stand that distributes the weight evenly on the floor.

Reactions: Urgula and Bbuckley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store