Has anybody bought from Liveaquaria?

DThompson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2018
Blaine, MN
I've been looking around for a Fahaka for a while and I've only seen one at my LFS and they wanted an arm and a leg for it. I see there's one listed in the divers den at liveaquaria.com Has anybody ever purchased from them before? I like to look at their fish but have never bought a fish online before. Any pros/cons to purchasing from them?
https://www.liveaquaria.com/divers-den/product/446956/fahaka-puffer

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I've been looking around for a Fahaka for a while and I've only seen one at my LFS and they wanted an arm and a leg for it. I see there's one listed in the divers den at liveaquaria.com Has anybody ever purchased from them before? I like to look at their fish but have never bought a fish online before. Any pros/cons to purchasing from them?
https://www.liveaquaria.com/divers-den/product/446956/fahaka-puffer
Bought from them several times. Had no issues. Make sure u anticipate for ur delivery person. I’ve had fish come late and I called my ups delivery guy (I have his number) and met him and got my packages and acclimate fish. Thats my prob. But no issues with the company. Now if a fish dies w/in their live garuntee then they do give a hassle before it wasn’t a prob. They do request water samples and photo of fish.

Reactions: Fat Homer
Liveaquaria is a great service. kno4te kno4te this kind of stuff has to be expected. D DThompson you can order from it no problem.

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
I bought an axolotl from the Diver's Den. He was as pictured and they packed him ridiculously well. The UPS guy could have hurled the box at the door and he would still have been OK. He's still doing well.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Liveaquaria is a great service. kno4te kno4te this kind of stuff has to be expected. D DThompson you can order from it no problem.
I knew it would eventually happen. Just a FYI.

DThompson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2018
Blaine, MN
Thanks for the confirmation everybody! I did hear Dr. Foster and Smith is closing and I know they are both owned by Petco (Dr Foster and Smith + Liveaquaria) so I wasn't sure if that had any effect on liveaquaria moving forward.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Have ordered a few times from Live Aquaria- no issues at all.
Unfortunately, PetCo is closing Drs Foster and Smith. I believe Live Aquaria will remain open.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store