has anyone housed turtles with large cats and fish? ok or not?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I had to re-home my softshell with a mate who's got a turtle pond , mine kept hanging onto my large cats tails as they swan around trying to shake him off , he took a chunk out of a few tails before he went :(

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I had to re-home my softshell with a mate who's got a turtle pond , mine kept hanging onto my large cats tails as they swan around trying to shake him off , he took a chunk out of a few tails before he went :(
Agreed there usually nippy ive been very lucky...mine is a female so she doesnt have much for claws either. Ive even housed her with a 20" disc ray with no issues...every turtle is case by case scenario, o.p. its def. Worth a shot, just have a backup plan if things go south. Kiddie pools from toys r us are cheap and fairly large. Should be all u need. As a kid i had one indoors with 11 turtles lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

matty832012

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2013
United States
thanks guys as a case by case i'm not sure i want to afford the chance. i probably will throw them in a kid pool for winter, they live outside in a larger pool out side all summer... ps nice cats goliath

chesterfieldzoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2008
michigan
I have 7 big cats, a big motoro ray and 6 large turtles as well as a variety of plecos, guppies, rosies and goldfish who all live happily together.015.JPG

015.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store