has anyone owned this fish

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
yeah eels are great escape artists i have a 14" fire eel and the first day i got him home he escaped out of a tiny hole at the back of my tank where my filter pipes entered the tank.

The pictures you have provided are not too clear though a little blury the better pic of the 3 would have to be the top one but after looking at the colour of the fish in the other 2 pic's i thought it maybe a ropefish.

You say it looks green like the top pic ! Well in the other 2 it looks brown like a rope fish and the head in the top pic looks like a ropefish's!

I'm not too sure i would suggest you ask TRUST or P45 they seem to know a lot because it's NOT TOO OBVIOUS.

wolf-attack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
RICHLANDS NC

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I can't tell from the pics(and probably couldn't even in person. They look a lot alike. Where did it come from? They really are escape artists and can travel a long way. I have kept several and a couple died by getting out of the tank and ending up in other rooms and under the couch. One that lived ended up next door in the pool. I had left my kitchen door open overnight. Make sure your tank lid has no gaps and is clamped down. The one that went next door was an american eel around 30"+ and pushed the lid up even though there was a brick on it. All the ones that I've owned learned to take earthworms from my fingers. They will eat live bait fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store