Has this ever happen to anyone else?

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
I went to feed my fish today and as I have done hundreds of time I placed the pleco's food in the bottom of a vase so the Oscars dont have a chance to eat it before it hits the bottom. And once I finish placing the food I drop in my slow sinking pellets for the rest. Well today my Albino Oscar decides to jump half way out the tank and take a bite of me after I dropped in the pellets. And the little ****** broke skin. So just curious as to how common something like this is?
That is funny as heck, but I have never experienced anything like being "bitten" by my fish pets. Am I missing something? I have three Oscars (15" Red, 13" Tiger & 8" Lemon). To the best of my knowledge Oscars do not have teeth! That is one major bummer if a toothless fish was able to "gum" its way to "broken skin"!

As a side note, Even more hysterical is your post count rates you as a "convict" (cichlid) imediatly above your avitar! Nice Mugshot!

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
I had something kinda like that happen. I was fooling around with the lighting and filtration above the tank, with my hand on the top of the tank for stability. Well the very edge of my finger must have been just breaking the surface of the water; because next thing you know I feel a fish hit me with force, and see my oscar swimming away. I guess that my finger just barely in the the water like that must have looked like food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store