Hatching triops

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Last night I saw my triops laying eggs so I came back an hour later and used a pipette to move them to a cup and washed them and patted dry with a paper towel. Now I have the eggs mixed with some sand. How long do I need to wait before I can hatch them? It’s hard to see them cause the sand is a lot bigger than the eggs but if you look closely you can see them scattered in the sand image.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Last night I saw my triops laying eggs so I came back an hour later and used a pipette to move them to a cup and washed them and patted dry with a paper towel. Now I have the eggs mixed with some sand. How long do I need to wait before I can hatch them? It’s hard to see them cause the sand is a lot bigger than the eggs but if you look closely you can see them scattered in the sand View attachment 1507387
Took me couple of times to locate the eggs and yes agree very small.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Took me couple of times to locate the eggs and yes agree very small.
Yea they’re very hard to see but they’re there.
on triopsking it has instructions that says to dry which I know to do but then it says to freeze them to simulate the seasons but this sounds unnecessary

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yea they’re very hard to see but they’re there.
on triopsking it has instructions that says to dry which I know to do but then it says to freeze them to simulate the seasons but this sounds unnecessary
Sounds similar to Brine Shrimp eggs.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Sounds similar to Brine Shrimp eggs.
Do you know if there’s a way to tell if the eggs are ready i be frozen? Cause right now they’re still hydrated so freezing would make them burst, right? Will their color lighten up as they dry or is there any indicator

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Do you know if there’s a way to tell if the eggs are ready i be frozen? Cause right now they’re still hydrated so freezing would make them burst, right? Will their color lighten up as they dry or is there any indicator
I have 0 experience with Triops so hopefully someone will chime in with experience.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Found a way to separate the eggs from the sand using two pieces of paper. There’s still a couple tiny bits of sand but now you can definitely see the eggs and there’s a decent amount. I’ll post a picture after I’m finished

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store