Have anyone got idea of Australian saratoga leichardti

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
dr exum dr exum I think there would still be fighting
i have no experience with multiple- i thought i read here somewhere that one had to keep 3 or something to that effect - i think victor had a group of silvers in a 240 for a time-

not sure if the leichardti is different - looks like OP has 2 already -

feeling2good

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 30, 2008
USA
3 would still pretty much be the same outcome as 2 aros.

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
Usually Scleropages spp. like leichardti, jardini and formosus can be successfully kept in numbers of 7 and up. Anything below 7 is abit risky, but could work in rare cases. I've seen a 9 jardini community with no problems.

• Wow
Reactions: dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Usually Scleropages spp. like leichardti, jardini and formosus can be successfully kept in numbers of 7 and up. Anything below 7 is abit risky, but could work in rare cases. I've seen a 9 jardini community with no problems.
any more info on this?

7 huh? person would need a 10’x6’x30” ??

Sunfish530

Feeder Fish
Oct 2, 2020
Bangkok.
www.thaiaro.com
Good to known Leichardti are available. Love to get one. I've had several in the past, though never in the same tank. A lot of people overstocked their tanks to lessen the aggressions. Flagtails are good tankmates, silverdollars, balasharks, larger geophagus ( altifrons, albilos, sveni) youtube is a good source. Be glad you got leichardti opposed to jardini. They are mean as hell! Well territorial.

Reactions: aykinhk

aykinhk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2018
Good to known Leichardti are available. Love to get one. I've had several in the past, though never in the same tank. A lot of people overstocked their tanks to lessen the aggressions. Flagtails are good tankmates, silverdollars, balasharks, larger geophagus ( altifrons, albilos, sveni) youtube is a good source. Be glad you got leichardti opposed to jardini. They are mean as hell! Well territorial.
Hi I've got one now small with flagtail and ablino tinfoil barb. They are all good without any aggression

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store