Haven’t noticed my Oxydoras niger catfish eating.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Mine gets sinking sturgeon pellets, mussel meat and cut up white fish, although as it’s in a tank of other catfish I couldn’t tell you which he prefers. Like you, I never see him eat but growing strongly and always has a belly.
And if you have no bogwood, he would appreciate that clay pot cut in half to make a nice darker, tighter, smaller cave. (With the end off so he can get out)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I've never seen any other Pterodoras than granulosus. They are not fussy in general. Mine are shy too and stick to one spot, the darker the better but do come out to feed on pellets.

Marcmoore89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2021
I’ll
Mine gets sinking sturgeon pellets, mussel meat and cut up white fish, although as it’s in a tank of other catfish I couldn’t tell you which he prefers. Like you, I never see him eat but growing strongly and always has a belly.
And if you have no bogwood, he would appreciate that clay pot cut in half to make a nice darker, tighter, smaller cave. (With the end off so he can get out)
I’ll certainly give those a shot! Thanks for easing my mind. I’ll relax for now, unless I notice it losing weight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store