Having a major problem with ammonia level sky rocket.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
welcome, is the tank cycled? and does the water get cloudy every day or 2?
also tank size , filtration and fish in along with how long it has been setup will help greatly.

Reactions: magpie and tlindsey

Brooklyn newbie

Feeder Fish
Mar 22, 2019
I have a 175 it was cycle for 3 weeks running fx6 and auquon was well i have arrows and parrots. Dont know what eles to do.

Ned Nature

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2007
Quincy, MA
You are fishing in the wrong pond without the correct bait my friend. Test your water and your tap water, post the results with pictures of your setup and tests and we can go from there.

Reactions: Dee eng

Ned Nature

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2007
Quincy, MA
My pleasure; I just hate wasting my time on dinks that troll the site. I haven’t used Tetra Safe but I know Seachem Prime will at minimum detoxify the ammonia (and most else) for an immediate bandaid. From there would love to help you fix the underlaying issue but need some more info, as mentioned above.

Reactions: Brooklyn newbie

Brooklyn newbie

Feeder Fish
Mar 22, 2019
Nothing personal im new to the site and fish keeping. If i offended you by posting my help and needs then im sorry.

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
To diagnose or make suggestions we need more history/details, otherwise people are just guessing on the problem. When you say you cycled for 3 weeks, what do you mean? What did you do to cycle? At what point did you add fish? How many and what size? How long have they been in the tank? How often are you feeding?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store