heading to minniapols

jimmie d wad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2011
south of heaven
im heading to the cities today for a week worth or training.monticello actually.if anyont would like to navigate me around to som top notch pet\fish stores. i'll pay for gas.class is from 8-4.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
There is a store called Forest Lake Pets. They had a great selection the last time I was there, 2 years ago. It's in a suburb 40 minutes or so outside of the city.

jimmie d wad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2011
south of heaven
forest lake pets is hands down best fish store i've ever been too.they had more fish in that one store than all the stores combined from home.alot of stuff i have never seen or havent seen in my town in twenty + years.havent seen a red tail around home since the late 80"S or a tsn.makes me kinda wish i didnt have two huge tanks full of pirahna

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
geez, did you photograph the whole store?! lol

I love the guys up at Forest Lake Pets. Its my preferred LFS, even though its almost an hour from home. Its where I got my flame angel, baby percula clown and some of my critters. The GATF is one of Sbuse's GATF that he traded in for his discus. The tank the Black aro is in used to have baby stingrays. Like last week. Are they still there? I heard they were getting a black aro...its gorgeous!

jimmie d wad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2011
south of heaven
there are still two rays in with the big arowanna.think the tank says that its a blue? $300. it sold while i was there.i took pics of only a few tanks.i was amased at how many tanks they have. a store that size to me is just insain.im staying in monticello for the week.ill be heading back there fri. already compiling a list of fish and shrmip for people back home.i might have to grab on of thier black pirahnas. might have to grab a couple for my 5yr old sons tank also. he is gonna need a bigger tank soon:)

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
the big arowanna.think the tank says that its a blue? $300.
I was told there is no such thing as a blue aro, that its illegal to export blacks in some countries so they label them as blue, where there are no laws. I don't know, just what I've heard. That's not bad. They had one for the longest time that was maybe 10 inches that was 300, I imagine they wanted to flip the big boy as fast as they could. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store