heater failure

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
just noticed my newa therm pro has failed 1 dead oto catfish looked at the thermometer it was reading 22 c luckly I have an interpet thermo hanging around not too keen on them as they dont have a heater guard but it will do for now

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; When you get around to replacing the failed heater consider getting two smaller heaters in place of the one.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
just noticed my newa therm pro has failed 1 dead oto catfish looked at the thermometer it was reading 22 c luckly I have an interpet thermo hanging around not too keen on them as they dont have a heater guard but it will do for now
I doubt the temp killed the oto, might have been dead(Heater) for a while and you didn't pick it up until you saw the dead oto.

I don't bother with heater guards, heaters don't get hot unless something is actually pressed against the surface for a while to block the water cooling it.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
having 2 small heaters good idea I have put a interpet 300w in for now set it for 27 c and 27 c is what I am getting with newa thermo pro just gould'nt the temp I wanted it was practialy impossible to get 72 c without turning the dial down to 24c won'nt buy another one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store